The Super Commuter
This product is currently sold out.
All bike purchases will be shipped to the closest Tern dealer to your shipping address for assembly. If there is not a Tern dealer in your area, we will contact you to arrange to ship to a local bicycle retailer of your choice. *If you have a preferred dealer please note it at checkout. - FIND A SHOP
The Verge S8i is the world’s most versatile ultra-low-maintenance folding bike. It’s designed around a Gates belt drive and Shimano’s 8-speed internal-gear Alfine hub. The result is a practically silent super-commuter with no greasy parts or protruding derailleurs, plus a gear range for any incline. The S8i has an extra-long wheelbase and Schwalbe Big Apple tires, so it rolls confidently over any and all potholes. It will get you there quickly, cleanly, and most importantly, in style.
- New colors and updated styling
- Shimano Alfine 8-speed internally geared hub for low-maintenance riding
- Revolutionary Gates Carbon Drive drivetrain for a quiet, light, and clean bike
- Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes for extreme stopping power
- Andros™ handlebar stem for tool-free riding position adjustments on the fly
- Bright, wide-beam Valo™ Light powered by the BioLogic Joule™ 3 electricity-generating hub
- Schwalbe Big Apple tires with Kevlar puncture protection
- Folds in under 10 seconds to fit under a desk
- Fenders for rainy days
- Cargo Rack for hauling up to 25 kg (55 lb)
Want to learn more before buying? Visit TernBicycles.com